Rested on a cliff 14 meters above the Indian Ocean at the AYANA Resort & Spa is one of the best bars in the world, the Rock Bar. The Rock Bar is an outdoor bar with delicious cocktails and appetizers and is truly the perfect place to watch the sunset. Both CNN and the New York Times proclaimed the Rock Bar as one of the best bars in the world, so it definitely made my list of things to do while in Bali.. If your in Bali, a visit to the Rock Bar is a must!
As a guest of AYANA we were given priority access to the Rock Bar, which meant no lineups and VIP service once inside the bar. The view from our seats was absolutely incredible, I couldn’t have asked for better seats.
AYANA is an amazing hotel to stay in – the service, restaurants and pools (especially the rock bar pool) were all wonderful. The resort has 10 restaurants not including specialty dining options such as Pesta Lobster (private dinner for two on the pier by restaurant Kisik) or the pool cafes. There are two infinity pools, one by the Rock Bar and the other closer to the main resort past Padi restaurant. This hotel is truly a life of relaxation and luxury.
Watching the sunset at Rock Bar was truly mesmerizing. The sky turned from blueish hues, to grey and gold, to purple and pink. It was absolutely stunning to watch. We sipped on some delicious cocktails and had some appies as we watched the sunset.
The best time to go to the Rock Bar is right before sunset.
TIPS FOR VISITING THE ROCK BAR
- Please note a dress code applies requiring “smart” attire. This means no singlets or board shorts and no alcohol branded attire.
- If you are not a guest at AYANA or RIMBA, sunset is the busiest time at the Rock Bar so plan to be there early.
- There is free wifi available.
OTHER TIPS FOR VISITING BALI
- Ensure you have arranged for transfer prior to landing at Denpasar airport. Taxi companies will hike up fares and will not negotiate on the over-priced rates.
- Some temples in Bali are very conservative and require your shoulders and legs to be covered prior to entering the temple; ensure you bring a shawl or cover to be safe as the covers sold outside the temple are easily $20CAD and higher.
- Be conscious of your things when visiting the Uluwatu temple, the monkeys roaming the temple grounds are quite mischievous. When we visited the temple a monkey stole the hat on someone’s head as she walked past.
ACCOMODATIONS IN BALI
For your convenience, here is a list of hotels in Bali. We stayed at the AYANA Resort and Spa and were absolutely in love with it! We also heard great things about AYANA’s sister property RIMBA if you want to discover all of AYANA’s amenities without the price. Being a guest at RIMBA allows access to AYANA pools, restaurants and bars (including priority access and VIP service at Rock Bar).